The TRANSFORMER PROTECTOR (TP) is a passive mechanical system, activated by the First Dynamic Pressure Peak generated at the origin of any low impedance fault.
The TP can be fitted on new and existing transformers from 0.5 MVA to 1,000 MVA.
- Depressurizes tanks within milliseconds
- Avoids contact between air (oxygen) and explosive and inflammable gases (e.g. Acetylene, Hydrogen, etc.)
- Separates gases from oil
- Channels the flammable gases far away from the transformer to a remote area
- Eliminates explosive and flammable gases trapped in the transformer by injecting an inert gas into the tank, to avoid the bazooka effect that could injure or kill technicians when opening tanks after a low impedance fault
- Quickly brings the transformer to a safe condition for repair after a short-circuit
The TRANSFORMER PROTECTOR (TP) complies with the Fast Depressurization System recommended by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), NFPA Recommendation 850, 2015 edition.