An intensive Internet research program about transformer explosion incidents conducted by TPC, reveals the extent and severity of the consequences. Among the most important:
- Substations and Power Plant destructions.
- Outstanding Investment loss.
- Outages for months or years with very high financial loss associated.
- Large environmental pollution, as transformers contain up to 200 Tons of dielectric oil.
- Shifting or evacuation of many people, sometimes for very small transformers.
- Impact on communities and political consequences.
- On site workers; injury, hospitalization and death