A GROWING CONCERN FOR CORPORATE RISK MANAGERS AND INSURANCE COMPANIES
Transformers are considered by Corporate Risk Managers and Insurers as the most critical equipment inside plants because of the large quantity of oil in contact with high voltage elements.
DAMAGE COST OF TRANSFORMER EXPLOSION AND FIRE
The cost to replace a transformer unit is several million dollars (USD) and the cost of the outage in the tens of millions (USD) with potential to reach hundreds of millions (USD). Transformer explosions and fire result in: lost income, purchase of high-priced replacement power, replacement of transformers and surrounding equipment, polluting the environment and negative public relations, etc.
The damage caused depends on the transformer location:
- Power plant incidents result in very high loss of revenue and can lead to company bankruptcies if not insured. For insurers, the projected cost reference can approach USD 500,000 per MVA.
- Transmission substation incidents can result in the complete blackout of a region or a country. Several well-known cases have been recorded recently (USA, UK, Italy, Spain, etc.).
- Distribution transformer explosions in urban areas can have disastrous financial consequences in related pollution and litigation costs.
PURCHASING THE TRANSFORMER PROTECTOR
The TRANSFORMER PROTECTOR comes with a liability insurance policy with coverage up to 20 million USD (2013) per occurrence should an incident occur.
Equipping your transformers with the TRANSFORMER PROTECTOR:
- Decreases the risk to surrounding equipment and buildings.
- Enables the quick internal repair of the transformer and sharply reduces plant outages.
- Leaves the environment unharmed.