Houston, Texas September 3, 2013:
Transformer explosions and fires are very damaging and frequent. A recent one-year research project* led to the discovery of 730 transformer explosions in the USA only. Many experts anticipate that the number of failures per year will increase significantly in the near future because of the shorter duration life.
Transformer explosions and fires create environmental pollution, costly plant outages, and are a risk to human lives.
From May 3, 2013 to the present, the TRANSFORMER PROTECTOR (TP) successfully prevented six large transformer explosions and fires across three continents on:
- May 3, 2013, in the Boguchanskaya Hydro Power Plant in Russia on a 400MVA transformer;
- May 14, 2013, in Central America on a 450MVA transformer; However, this case is confidential and information cannot be divulged at this time;
- May 15, 2013, in the Saliyah Super Sub-Station in Qatar on an 800MVA transformer;
- June 12, 2013, in the Umm Al Amad Super Station, also in Qatar on an 800MVA transformer;
- July 20, 2013, in the Lusail Development Super 2 Station, also in Qatar on an 800MVA transformer;
- August 9, 2013, in the Salto Santiago Hydro Power Plant, Brazil, on a 250MVA transformer.
In all 6 cases, the TP has prevented the transformers from explosion and fire; no leaks or permanent tank deformation occurred, ultimately saving the transformers, which are under restoration and will be all back in service soon.
*H.‐P. Berg, N. Fritze, reliability of main transformers (Vol.2), March 2011
ABOUT THE TRANSFORMER PROTECTOR
The TRANSFORMER PROTECTOR is the only proven solution against transformer explosion and fire. The TP complies with NFPA codes 850 and 851, which recommend Fast Depressurization Systems for all Power Plants and Substations. There are currently over 2,100 TP installations worldwide.
The TP is activated within 0.5 to 20 milliseconds, depending on arc locations and transformer size, by the first dynamic pressure peak of the shock wave, avoiding transformer explosions before static pressure increases.
|North American Contact Information
1880 Treble Drive
Humble, TX 77338 USA